Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How Great It is To Live Here

My oldest brother John called me today from the Orlando area. He wanted to know if he could drop in next week and spend over on his way to D.C. My dad will be coming in from Missouri to meet him here as well. I get calls like this all the time and I love it. Friends and family members calling to see if they can stop in for a day or two on their way to somewhere else. I never got that when I lived near St. Louis. No one seemed to be goin' my way so to speak. Since living here however this kind of call has become a regular and I love it.

We've all by now heard the statistics, such as Number 2 Best Place for Business according to Forbes and Number 1 Hottest Job market reported by Business 2.0, and many more reviews raving about the Triangle area from a dozen different sources. But for those of us that live and work here we don't need any reports to tell us how wonderful it is here, we know because we are privileged to enjoy it every day.

The beautiful Atlantic coast is just three hours away to the East, and to the West are the amazing Blue Ridge Mountains, also just a few hours away. We've got some of the best restaurants in the country, art and history museums, L.A. style boutique shopping, some of the best Universities the country has to offer and the sports teams that go along with them, enough outdoor recreation to keep all of the local R.I.E. stores in business and just an endless stream of fun, culture and entertainment..

Then there is the weather. I love that we get all four seasons and a milder summer, yes I said milder, than other parts of the country (the lower midwest has oppressive humidity with no breezes passing through.) And OMG, did I mention the winters are to die for here. Just enough cold to let you know what time of the year it is but not enough to keep you inside for six months out of the year. Trust me on this one, I was stationed in Grand Forks, North Dakota - now that was cold!

All of the aforementioned not to be outdone by the overall health of our economy and housing market, which each invariably go hand in hand. While we are not immune to the current status in economics across the country, I am certainly thankful to live in a community that is still growing and thriving.

So hooray for Raleigh and the surrounding communities, you all Rock!

"Because Integrity Does Matter!"
www.JamieMori.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all!